Nominations for Africa Check’s Fact Ambassadors are now open! The search has started for individuals who stand up for facts across Kenya, Nigeria, Senegal and South Africa.
Are you or do you know someone who:
- Is a trusted source of information:
- Puts facts first and pauses before they share information
- Keeps an eye out for myths, hoaxes, or conspiracy theories
- Helps their peers and community understand important issues
- Sets the record straight when they spot false information online
- Enjoys creating engaging content on social media
Our voluntary Fact Ambassadors will join us in the fight against misinformation and dangerous health claims in Kenya, Nigeria, Senegal, and South Africa*. By signing up, you can help your community, family and friends avoid falling for dangerous misinformation and empower them to find the facts.
*Please note this volunteer programme is unpaid.
What will Fact Ambassadors do?
- Share the latest fact-checking reports on social media (including WhatsApp) with their network
- Empower those around them to become information savvy, by sharing our media literacy content
- Foster a culture of fact-checking in their networks
What do we offer in return?
- Fact-checking training so that our ambassadors are empowered to sort fact from fiction
- Free mobile data so that they can easily share information with their network and community
- Access to our Fact Ambassador Facebook page where they can share stories, ideas and experiences
- Ongoing support from a dedicated Africa Check country coordinator
- The opportunity to make a difference in the lives of those they care about by bringing them verified health information
- Regular updates on how they are making a difference
- Opportunities to engage with and learn from African fact-checkers and health experts
- A certificate on completion of the programme