Let us show you how to sort fact from fiction
Our fact-checking and verification workshops equip participants with the necessary theoretical knowledge and practical skills to stop the spread of false information. We show you how to sort fact from fiction – from spotting false information and verifying the origin of images and videos shared on social media, to finding accurate data online.
We have trained more than 10,000 individuals from media organisations, nonprofits, government organisations, the corporate sector and the general public across Africa. All our workshops are developed and presented by senior Africa Check trainers and editors.
Fact-checking and verification workshops
We offer basic and advanced training as workshops or webinars, which can be tailored to your specific organisational needs.
Depending on the duration of the workshop and participants’ requirements, the following topics can be covered:
- What is fact-checking and why is it important?
- Spotting false information online
- Online verification and geolocation tools for establishing the origin of images and videos
- The fact-checking process
- Applying fact-checking in your day-to-day reporting (for journalists)
- Finding reliable data from credible sources
We also offer workshops with a focus on specific topics such as debunking health dis- and misinformation, and fact-checking during elections.