Let us show you how to sort fact from fiction
Our fact-checking and verification workshops equip participants with the necessary theoretical knowledge and practical skills to stop the spread of false information. We show you how to sort fact from fiction – from spotting false information and verifying the origin of images and videos shared on social media, to finding accurate data online.
We have trained more than 5,000 individuals from media organisations, nonprofits, government organisations, the corporate sector and the general public. All our workshops are developed and presented by senior Africa Check trainers and editors.
We offer paid-for basic and advanced training as workshops or webinars tailored to your specific organisational or business needs.
Basic fact-checking training
- What is fact-checking and what can be fact-checked?
- The process of fact-checking
- Identifying fake websites and false information on social media platforms
- Verifying the origin of pictures and videos and using fact-checking tools such as Google reverse image search, RevEye, TinEye and Video Vault
Advanced fact-checking training
- A focus on a specific topic, such as:
- Health misinformation and Covid-19
- Elections and education
- Applying fact-checking tools to a specific topic
- Identifying false websites and accounts in a specific field
- Verifying the origin of images and videos using online fact-checking tools
Online fact-checking course
“Sorting Fact from Fiction: Introducing Fact-Checking and Verification Tools” is a free online course that provides journalists, journalism students and the public with the basic skills and tools to determine the credibility of information, including articles published online, and images and videos circulating on social media.
The course covers misinformation and disinformation, basic verification skills and tools for debunking false information, where and how to easily find reliable data, verifying images and videos, and finding reliable sources.