Agitating that #DataMustFall, some have claimed that South Africans spend close to a quarter of their income on data. But surveys from South Africa’s national statistics agency and the University of Cape Town tell a different story. Researched by Gopolang Makou
- Spot Checks:
- The week that was: France GDP as big as Africa’s, white poverty in SA & ICC myths
- Puma shirts photoshopped in ‘#FeesMustFall’ image
- South Africa’s department of water repeats debunked stat
- Reports that 77% of Wits students voted for campus to reopen are incorrect
The hardest part of fact-checking is finding sources of reliable data. Search below for links to data sources we have used in our research.
The massive movements of people, fueled by the ongoing Syrian refugee crisis, has put migration at the top of the global human rights agenda. This guide looks at how migration, migrants and refugees are defined in South Africa.
- Jacob Zuma
- Democratic Alliance
- sexual violence
- South Africa
- World Health Organisation
- suggested by reader