South African President Jacob Zuma delivered his ninth State of the Nation address. Africa Check is fact checking the claims he made on health, energy, finance and water. Researched by Africa Check
- Spot Checks:
- The week that was: Boko Haram, drought & Zuma’s promises
- Is Cape Town’s murder rate double that of Johannesburg?
- Our fact-check report of 2015… Has SA lost R700 billion to corruption since ’94?
- It would take at least 4 Africas to fit all the world’s continents, President Zuma
The hardest part of fact-checking is finding sources of reliable data. Search below for links to data sources we have used in our research.
Print our useful flow-chart and stick it up where you can quickly refer to it when a deadline is pressing.
- Jacob Zuma
- Democratic Alliance
- sexual violence
- South Africa
- South African Police Service
- Boko Haram