The head of the Free Market Foundation argued there has been “spectacular” racial transformation in South Africa since apartheid ended. This is the second of two reports fact-checking the statistics Leon Louw cited. Researched by Kate Wilkinson, Lebohang Mojapelo & Louise Ferreira
- Spot Checks:
- The week that was: SA’s Zuma slips up & more racial transformation stats fact-checked
- City Press’ WRONG study fees table still doing the social media rounds
- Is Zambia ‘a nation of drunks’?
- Is South Africa’s murder rate in the top three globally?
The hardest part of fact-checking is finding sources of reliable data. Search below for links to data sources we have used in our research.
Print our useful flow-chart and stick it up where you can quickly refer to it when a deadline is pressing.
Africa Check was launched in South Africa in 2012. Assane Diagne, the editor of our new sister site based in Dakar, Senegal, explains why we are expanding to francophone West Africa.
- Jacob Zuma
- Democratic Alliance
- sexual violence
- South Africa
- South African Police Service