The Economic Freedom Fighters are contesting their first local government election in South Africa. Ahead of the election on 3 August, we evaluate key promises in their manifesto. Researched by Kate Wilkinson & Masutane Modjadji
- Spot Checks:
- The week that was: election manifestos, vaccine rumours, generalisations about Africa, the search for gold in Nigeria – & we’re hiring!
- We’re recruiting a journalist/researcher in Johannesburg!
- Are 81.3% of South African women overweight or obese?
- Labeling SA as the world’s ‘rape capital’ flawed
The hardest part of fact-checking is finding sources of reliable data. Search below for links to data sources we have used in our research.
Scientific research is conducted by experts, but they may have agendas of their own. How can journalists and the public tell whether they're peddling rubbish science?
- Jacob Zuma
- Democratic Alliance
- sexual violence
- South Africa
- World Health Organisation
- Boko Haram
- South African Police Service