Do Nigerians pop nearly as much bubbly as the French themselves? What started out as a forecast on new champagne consumption has taken on a life of its own. Researched by Mina Demian
- Spot Checks:
- The week that was: Same-sex relations in Africa, stats mistakes & champagne in Nigeria
- Media fanning the legend of surf champ shark attack
- Burning tyre pic from Bangkok – not Mamelodi, South Africa
- Claim that rape, teen pregnancies pushing up maternal deaths in Zim is wrong
Using a new method, Nigeria's official statistics agency announced that unemployment stood at 7.5% for the first quarter of 2015. Previously it would have been 24.2%. Here's what has changed and why.
Here’s help if you get confused by statistical terms such as confidence intervals, causation and absolute percentage increases.
- Jacob Zuma
- Democratic Alliance
- sexual violence
- South Africa
- South African Police Service
- World Health Organisation
- Boko Haram