In a newsletter that goes to 700,000 medical aid members a health insurance company presented “shocking South African drug statistics”. But are these claims factually accurate? Researched by Vinayak Bhardwaj
- Spot Checks:
- The week that was: Reporting rape statistics & 4 facts about SA’s “drug problem”
- We’re recruiting for a community outreach officer & deputy director!
- The week that was: SA’s rape stats problem & Buhari’s promises of change one year on
- Are 81.3% of South African women overweight or obese?
The hardest part of fact-checking is finding sources of reliable data. Search below for links to data sources we have used in our research.
South Africa is notorious for its levels of rape. But the true extent of the problem is unknown. This guide looks at the limited data available.
- Jacob Zuma
- Democratic Alliance
- sexual violence
- South Africa
- Boko Haram
- South African Police Service
- World Health Organisation