Despite significant improvements in HIV prevention, new infections continue to occur among young people. But are nearly three-quarters of African women between 15 and 24 infected by the virus? Researched by Vinayak Bhardwaj
- Spot Checks:
- No, an African child does not die of malaria every minute (thankfully)
- The week that was: Crying children hoax, poor whites in SA & malaria’s death toll
- SA pic used to illustrate xenophobic riots in Zambia
- Zuma’s 2011 free sanitary towel promise not kept
The hardest part of fact-checking is finding sources of reliable data. Search below for links to data sources we have used in our research.
Scientific research is conducted by experts, but they may have agendas of their own. How can journalists and the public tell whether they're peddling rubbish science?
- Jacob Zuma
- Democratic Alliance
- sexual violence
- South Africa
- South African Police Service
- World Health Organisation
- Boko Haram