Our US-based fact-checking partners Politifact found a claim that more girls in South Sudan die in childbirth than graduate from high school mostly correct. Researched by Jon Greenberg of Politifact
- Spot Checks:
- The week that was: Viral lions’ hoax, fake AIDS cures & SA’s murder rate since ’94
- We’re recruiting for a deputy editor!
- Are 81.3% of South African women overweight or obese?
- Labeling SA as the world’s ‘rape capital’ flawed
The hardest part of fact-checking is finding sources of reliable data. Search below for links to data sources we have used in our research.
South Africa is notorious for its levels of rape. But the true extent of the problem is unknown. This guide looks at the limited data available.
- Jacob Zuma
- Democratic Alliance
- sexual violence
- South Africa
- South African Police Service
- World Health Organisation
- Boko Haram