United Nations secretary-general Ban Ki-moon’s address to the AIDS 2016 conference may not have made headlines. But he pointed out crucial statistics about the fight against HIV/AIDS that were worth a closer look. Researched by Vinayak Bhardwaj
- Spot Checks:
- The week that was: Viral lions’ hoax, fake AIDS cures & SA’s murder rate since ’94
- Are 81.3% of South African women overweight or obese?
- Labeling SA as the world’s ‘rape capital’ flawed
- No, David Cameron – Nigeria is not one of the ‘two most corrupt countries’ in the world
The hardest part of fact-checking is finding sources of reliable data. Search below for links to data sources we have used in our research.
South Africa is notorious for its levels of rape. But the true extent of the problem is unknown. This guide looks at the limited data available.
- Jacob Zuma
- Democratic Alliance
- sexual violence
- South Africa
- World Health Organisation
- South African Police Service
- Boko Haram