President Jacob Zuma, on Thursday released a long awaited report into the 2012 Marikana massacre in which 34 miners were killed by police. Africa Check compares his claims and what the Commission's report actually said. Researched by Mina Demian and Anim van Wyk
- Spot Checks:
- The week that was: The ICC a bully?, joblessness in Nigeria & a tyre that keeps burning
- Burning tyre pic from Bangkok – not Mamelodi, South Africa
- Claim that rape, teen pregnancies pushing up maternal deaths in Zim is wrong
- S. Africa does not have the largest private security industry in the world
Using a new method, Nigeria's official statistics agency announced that unemployment stood at 7.5% for the first quarter of 2015. Previously it would have been 24.2%. Here's what has changed and why.
Sometimes data can tell a story more effectively than word or photos. Here is a guide that briefly explains some easy-to-use visualisation tools to help you get started.
- Jacob Zuma
- Democratic Alliance
- sexual violence
- South Africa
- South African Police Service
- Boko Haram