Africa Check is a non-profit organisation set up in 2012 to promote accuracy in public debate and the media in Africa. The goal of Africa Check’s work is to raise the quality of information available to society across the continent. Since 2012 we have fact-checked more than 1500 claims on topics from crime and race in South Africa to population numbers in Nigeria and fake health cures in countries around Africa.
Africa Check seeks to appoint an
Editorial Project Coordinator (Full-time in Lagos, Nigeria)
The Editorial Project Coordinator will provide project coordination support to Africa Check’s Nigerian operation. This will involve providing the editorial team with administrative support and assisting to coordinate the activities of a health misinformation network and other fact-checking projects. The position, which reports to the Nigeria Editor, requires excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the editorial team to coordinate projects, including monitoring and communicating progress towards key milestones
- Handle administrative tasks related to freelancers
- Compile and update information for donors and the senior management team on activities and the impact of Africa Check’s work
- Manage, record and monitor office equipment and supplies
- Organise events and training workshops
- Compile and update in-house information databases
- Upload content to Africa Check’s website and social media platforms
- Coordinate travel arrangements for Africa Check staff and project partners
- Provide general office administrative support as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, communications, or a related field
- A minimum of two years’ media experience
- Experience in coordinating projects in a media environment (advantageous)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to proactively solve problems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and ability to navigate social media platforms with ease
- Proven ability to work under pressure and effectively prioritise when juggling multiple responsibilities
- Solid organisational skills
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
Submit a CV with a cover letter explaining why you would be ideal for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 March 2020 using the following subject line: “Application for Editorial Project Coordinator position”.
Should you not hear from us within two weeks from the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.